As wonderful as it is to own precious pieces of silver jewellery, it is equally important to be able to preserve them well. Here are a few tips to help maintain your silver possessions:
- Each to his own! Store each piece of jewellery in its own box or pouch to prevent scratching, chipping and entanglement with other pieces.
- Don’t let ‘em slip away! Be gentle while handling Jewellery, wearing and removing as the screws and posts can be delicate.
- Brilliant Restoration! Always remove your silver jewellery while bathing or swimming, DO NOT let them get in touch with water.
- Chemical Freeze! When dressing, jewellery must be put on last as perfumes, body lotions, cosmetics and other chemicals can cause damage to metal.
- Storage Solutions! Store your silver jewellery in a dry place, away from humidity, moisture, and extreme temperatures to prevent oxidation and tarnishing.
- Preserve and Protect! Stone jewellery must be given extra care to while wearing and storing to protect the setting.
- Cleanse Alert! DO NOT use soap, detergents, toothpaste to clean your silver jewellery.
- Gold shine! Gold plated silver jewellery can wear down over a period of time. To restore its appearance, you can have it re-plated.
- Beautiful when Adorned! And don’t forget to wear your silver jewellery as often as you can.